The Twin City Artisan Jury
The purpose of our jury process is to evaluate your abilities as an artisan. To do this we require multiple examples of the various types of products within a category or sub-category that you design and create.
Failure to submit a width of products in each category or subcategory sufficient for evaluation may result in limiting the items you may sell as a qualified member. Accordingly, you are encouraged to submit enough examples of product to demonstrate mastery of the various items you produce.
Click here for a list of Categories and Sub-Categories. Other categories/subcategories may be added by the committee as required.
A jury fee will be charged for each category in a jury session. An unlimited number of subcategories may be included in its category at no extra charge.
In order to have artistic work juried for membership into TCA …
The artisan must:
- Complete the TCA Application for Jury as required and pay applicable fee.
- The fee is $25 for each juried category
- Submit a minimum of 3 photographs of each type of item in Category requested. (The Committee requests digital images, if possible, be submitted with the application. Purpose is to have photos available for web and advertising, not for jurying.)
- For artisan to be accepted without limits in category/sub-category exhibiting, artisan must demonstrate proficiency throughout the body of work in the chosen media.
- Date of actual screening:
- Potential member will be notified by the committee of the date, time and place of the screening.
- Potential member shall arrive on time.
- Artisans will display a minimum of 3 examples of each type (sub-category) of work for jurying. Not having at least 3 examples of each will disqualify the artisan at this time
- Potential members can expect work to be reviewed and scored, independently and separately by each juror, on the following criteria:
- Craftsmanship (technique, skillful use of materials)
- Creativity (originality in design; no kits)
- Acceptable Use of Materials
- Marketability (appropriateness of product for the market)
- Overall appeal (does the work complement and add to the philosophy of fine arts and crafts that TCA embodies?)
- Artisan will have opportunity to confer with the jurors to answer questions jurors might have regarding displayed work. Scoring may be changed by the individual juror at that time due to artisan answers.
- Artisan will receive final results through e-mail or snail mail within ten (10) days of jury.
- Artisan must submit a Membership Application and required fees within 20 days of time invitation was extended.